Mark and I spent New Years Eve in Atlanta getting ready for Passion 2013!
Passion is more than a conference. More than an event. More than a feeling. Passion is you and me saying goodbye to lesser things and saying yes to the One whose name is above every name.
Passion is 60,000 plus college students and door holders worshipping Jesus

Passion brings in some of the most amazing teachers: John Piper, Francis Chan, Beth Moore, Louie Giglio.. just to name a few. As well as amazing worship leaders Chris Tomlin, Kristian Stanfill, Christy Nockles, Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, Davis Crowder, Kari Jobe, Jesus Culture, Lecrae, and the list goes on and on!
It really is such a privilege and honor to be a door holder for all these students, speakers, and special guest. We've seen how amazing it is inside and so we want to 'hold the door' for others to see Jesus as we have. For the past 2 years, I've served on the hospitality team. I most say- I have one amazing job. Ready for this... my job was to host in the backstage greenroom. So I made all the bands, speakers, guests, and families feel welcomed. I helped to make sure their time at Passion was as good as it could be by helping them with coffee, tea, meals, snacks, etc., or just chatting if they wanted to chat. I talked to Beth Moore about shopping, offered John Piper tea, Francis Chan and his family joked around about snacks, helped Lacrae get his sweet kiddos food, etc.... Yes, these people are all my hero's in faith but they are JUST people. I admire them but do not idolize them. They are all normal people who have the same goal: to glorify God in all they do! My #1 highlighted moment each day was being in the room with everyone as we circled up to pray! Powerful, Unforgettable, AWESOME!
The greenroom usually cleared out during the sessions so I could go watch out in the Dome or sometimes I cleaned and restocked food/beverages as I watched on the big screen TV from the greenroom.
Mark served on the Host Team. He was a driver for all the special guest, speakers, bands, leaders of any kind. He took them to their hotel or to the conference. He loved talking with the people and seeing how they relate with others. One of his favorite trips was with another pastor and his young daughter. He said the pastor was such a great father and loved hearing him speak truth and affirmation into his daughter.
When our shift was over, we walked around to the different venues and visited friends. Our favorite and the most important is the FREEDOM STATION. Yes, slavery still exist!
Give generously towards our Freedom Causes to AWAKE, PREVENT, RESCUE and RESTORE thousands of people around the globe.
SLAVERY IS WRONG.
YOU KNOW IT. WE KNOW IT. AS A COUNTRY, WE'VE OFFICIALLY KNOWN IT SINCE 1863. BUT HERE'S SOMETHING YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW -- SLAVERY STILL EXISTS. WE WANT EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE 27 MILLION MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, JUST LIKE THEM, LIVING IN THE SHADOWS. IN BROTHELS. IN FACTORIES. IN QUARRIES. WORKING AS SLAVES. IN 161 COUNTRIES. INCLUDING OUR OWN. WE ARE HERE TO SHINE A LIGHT ON SLAVERY. NO MORE BONDAGE. NO MORE SEX TRAFFICKING. NO MORE CHILD LABORERS. NO MORE, STARTING NOW.
END IT X JOIN THE MOVEMENT







No comments:
Post a Comment