Andy and his friend Abby Jane are taking swimming lessons together for the next three months. Andy is so excited about the classes- he loves the water! .Today we arrived full of excitement and confidence. Abby Jane and Andy just had to test the water before the class began. Andrew kept standing on the stairs and splashing around before class began. I asked him to get out because I didn't want to be 'that mom' who lets there kid run wild but he couldn't wait to get in.
That confidence quickly dwindled when the class began. Just look at his face. Bless his heart. My friend Emily snapped this picture as I was reassuring Andrew that everything was okay. His timid personality came out and wanted me to be right there with him. I really don't think he was afraid of the pool- they were doing very basic things that he can already do. I think it was the fact that it was all brand new- the first time he had ever been in a class.
Once he got warmed up things turned around. He enjoyed being in the water with the instructor and did well.
Abby Jane was such a good sport. She acted like she was a pro.
Here are the little bitties watching the 'big kids'
We called Mark when we left the class. Andrew told him, "I did some of the games and Abby Jane did ALL of the games". He explained to Mark exactly what they did step by step. A little while later my mom called to ask how the class went. Andy said, "I did all the games". Ha! I'm praying that on Thursday he will really do all the games :)





No comments:
Post a Comment