Andy honestly is a wonderful picker. He picks only the big bright red strawberries and pulls them of gently. He is so helpful. Every once in awhile if he gets a great one he says, "Mommy can I please eat this one".
Kristin and Dena came along too! It's so nice picking strawberries with friends!
My friend Stephanie shared her Strawberry Pie recipe with me and OH.MY.GOODNESS GRACIOUS- I could eat my weight in it. Get ready to fall in love people:
STRAWBERRY PIE
Graham cracker crust
Graham cracker crust
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup sugar
2 ½ cups chopped strawberries
3 Tbps. cornstarch
3 Tbps. cornstarch
3 oz. package strawberry jello
1. Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch on high on the stove for 3 minutes. Stir quickly. The idea here is to make sure you get rid of all the lumps. Cook 2 more minutes.
2. Add jello and strawberries and stir well.
3. Pour into pie crust.
4. Chill until set.
5. Top with Cool Whip and garnish with strawberry slices.
She also shared a strawbery muffin recipe
1. Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch on high on the stove for 3 minutes. Stir quickly. The idea here is to make sure you get rid of all the lumps. Cook 2 more minutes.
2. Add jello and strawberries and stir well.
3. Pour into pie crust.
4. Chill until set.
5. Top with Cool Whip and garnish with strawberry slices.
She also shared a strawbery muffin recipe
Strawberry Muffins:
(from Stoneyfield Farms Yogurt)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 cup all-purpose flour ( I used 1/2 cup all purpose and 1/2 cup of almond meal)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used greek yogurt)
1/4 butter melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries (I added about 1/3 cup more)
In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, and baking soda. In another bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, butter, and (vanilla). Toss strawberries into the flour mixture and pour yogurt mixture into the flour mixture. Stir well. Pour ito greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
*I added a little wheat germ and/or ground flax seed, and just cut back on the flour by a couple Tbps. I also added about 1 Tbsp of honey.
(from Stoneyfield Farms Yogurt)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 cup all-purpose flour ( I used 1/2 cup all purpose and 1/2 cup of almond meal)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used greek yogurt)
1/4 butter melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries (I added about 1/3 cup more)
In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, and baking soda. In another bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, butter, and (vanilla). Toss strawberries into the flour mixture and pour yogurt mixture into the flour mixture. Stir well. Pour ito greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
*I added a little wheat germ and/or ground flax seed, and just cut back on the flour by a couple Tbps. I also added about 1 Tbsp of honey.
What's your favorite strawberry recipe?




No comments:
Post a Comment