Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Zoo Atlanta

My sweet friend Emily invited us to go to the zoo!  She has a family season pass that allows her to bring 2 adults and 2 kids in addition to her family. Awesome deal! So were blessed to go to the zoo for free today. Christina, Everett, and Baby Juliette joined us too. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect! 


Monday morning Andy and I were doing a matching game together. We matched a color to an animal. Each and every animal we matched Andy asked me where the animal lived and what they ate. When we came to the pink flamingo - I said, "Let's find the flamingos at the zoo and find out!" As soon as you walk into the zoo the flamingos are the first animals you see..... here is Andy looking at the flamingos!

The pandas are one of my favorite animals  This panda was adorable.... just munching on bamboo!


Here are the 'big kids' looking at alligators.  The three of them were so cute running to each exhibit looking at the animals. I wish I had a picture of the 4 little ones : the twins- Joy and Blythe, Nathanael, and Juliette. The little ones enjoyed the zoo too! Nate rode around in the stroller like a champ. He got out of the stroller at some of our favorite exhibits. When he saw the mommy gorilla and baby gorilla he said, "baby" in the sweetest little voice. Precious. He also enjoyed roaring like a lion over and over.

 The petting zoo was a big hit. Andy, Abby Jane, and Everett were able to pick a 'farm tool' from the bin and 'work'. Andy brushed and brushed the goats. He said, "Mommy, I'm working hard - they (the goats) want to be all nice and soft".

Lastly, here's a little family photo. Nate I'm sorry I didn't take more pictures of you...I'll do better :)

No comments: