We had a blast whitewater rafting the Ocoee River this weekend! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time: from the car ride, to the river, to hanging out afterwards, to dinner, and the car ride back home... I laughed the entire time. Such a fun group of people. Who went with us? From the back row to front- Carly, Christina, Me, Kyle, Mark, and Jake. Love them all!
We rafted with High Country Adventures. Our guide, Russell, was great! He has been a guide for 5 years so he knows the river really well and had mastered all the fun tricks. We did 360 down some rapids, surfed the rapid or 'hole' when possible, etc. The only negative thing was I fell out of the raft... sort of... I did what they call 'coming back from the dead'. That is when your body is mostly out of the raft but your foot is the only thing holding you in. Yep... down a rapid we went and next thing I know I'm out: doing a backbend out of the raft, water pulling me out and only my right foot is holding me in the raft. My friends all tried to pull me back in - no success. I remember them pulling hard but I wasn't budging. Then they realized a paddle was wedged under the seat and going right into my chest, so once they moved the paddle... I was 'back from the dead'. The bad part was it hurt my knee. I strained/sprained my right knee. It ached for several days and I had a limp. Now... I'm good to go! Fun Trip! Thanks grandparents for watching our kids!




No comments:
Post a Comment